Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Infertility Journey

Yeah, so this is my 3rd attemped blog lol. I hope to actually us this blog. I am 26 happily married for 3 years and found out officially by the RE last year that I have tubal factor infertility and need IVF. A pretty intense blow. Im a christian and choose to focus the great things I'm learning from this ..talk about patient endurance wheeew...I wont fool you though I don't focus on my focus like I need to but hopefully this blog will encourage me to. I want to look back on this part of my life as a time when I was faithful to God in hope, faith and love. I believe if we keep those three things close we will be pleasing to Him. Anyways I'm off for a second opinion (My RE wants to send me out of town to talk to his mentor to see if surgery should be done to 1. remove my right tube that has a lot of scarring on it and loosen some adhesions present via laparotomy (the big huge c-section cut) or 2. since by vaginal ultrasound my ovaries are accessible for IVF should he leave everything alone and proceed with IVF. So I guess we will see what the md says on Apr. 15th. My RE says my tube is blocked but not dilated with fluid... Im aware that hydrosalpinx can decrease implantation in IVF patients because of the toxic fluid leaking but he says that that is not my case and that the adhesions present would not adversely affect a pregnancy. He also says that my tubes cant be repaired. He did a lap last year in May and said that he could not see the tubes because of the scarring so how does he know they are unrepairable - i dont know. Needless to say Im very excited about seeing what this Mentor- Med school instructor -published everywhere -medically acclaimed RE is going to say about my medical mystery lol Im hopeful though, If IVF presents im ready!! Im definitely wanting to dodge this laparotomy (csection cut with a HOSPITAL STAY YUCK!!!!) If thats what he says I need I'll do that too (ewww)...anyways hubluv is supportive but doesnt really want IVF buuut says we'll c what mentor RE says...Im still praying that God intervenes and I have a baby naturally. Whatever happens I know that barreness is not of God and hold fast (or TRYING to hold fast) to the scripture that says he will make the barren woman a joyful mother of children . Im believing for twins, it'll happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment