Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Night before retrieval :) ..tips on getting through an IVF cycle

Some people take weird supplements or have their rituals of what they do leading up to their retrievals. What did I do/take??

1. Prayer of Faith using the name of Jesus only
I have said a prayer of faith over my body and each reproductive organ almost everyday , praying in Jesus name (no other name will work!!). I have held the scripture VERY close to my heart that I paraphrase "I will not miscarry or be barren" from the verse that says there will be none that are barren and miscarry among you. Anytime a doubtful though comes to mind, I try my best to be on guard and refute it with what the Word says about me and "having a quiver full of kiddos" (fyi:quivers means 5).

2. Prenatal Vitamins, Selenium, Royal Jelly (pills), and Vitamin E

I didnt start taking any of these until I started stimming so I dont know how effective they were but I do know that I havent felt tired and my ovaries NEVER hurt . I NEVER felt bloated until AFTER my trigger tonight (being the first night Ive felt bloated) - my belly looks like im 6 months preggo, im serious! Prenatal Vitamins because I had a dream that I needed vitamin D or E ( iInever remembered which one lol, hence the reason Im taking vitamin E-vitamin D is included in mine already).Selenium? I just saw some people taking it and read that it was good for overall reproductive health. My husband is taking my prenatals (lol y not?!) with me and selenium- its good for spermies :) he's taking the vitamin E too.

3. Pinching up tummy fat 3 seconds before the shot numbs it !

Yup thats what I learned and it really worked good at the end I was really good at getting it numb I didnt feel that trigger shot at all !! :)

4. It's weird but I snacked on frosted mini wheats almost everyday of stimming and I found that tmi ..it cleans you out REALLY good and cuts cravings. Ive only been wanting fresh things like salads (from Panera bread yum!!! ) and apples. It's just soo crazy how picky Ive become. I read that when you get your colon cleansed it removes all the addictive stuff found in foods. Im a carbs girl so Im shocked by my new "healthy" craving for a "good salad" lol. This has nothing to do with IVF but sort of does because you can go into retrieval and transfer with a cleaned out system :)

Anyways retrieval in the am , got a collection condom for hubluv today waaay too early in the am for non baby makin lol I have to be in my RE's at 7am and the collection has so be within an hour LAAAWD lol

That was a weird conversation with the nurse btw lol "How is he going to collect ? hisself or (weird pause)" Me: (sweet n tender ) Um, I was wondering if the lab has collection condoms? Nurse: (races in ) YEA! thats what I was going to ask you ,If you are going to have intercourse ( me thinking: i hate that word ! this is so awkwardly embarrassing!!!) me: yes. Nurse: So after ejaculation (wow, lady) , put the entire condom in the cup do not dump out the semen. Me: okay, I got it. Cant wait till this is over even though it's DEFINITELY gonna be worth it lol whats up with all the caps lol till tommorrow sometime after retrieval!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment